Marilyn Crispell

Marilyn Crispell
wiki | official | last.fm | discogs | myspace

Цитата:
”Hearing Marilyn Crispell play solo piano is like monitoring an active volcano. She is one of a very few pianists who rise to the challenge of free jazz.” --Jon Pareles, N.Y. Times

“Ms Crispell has created a rich personal expression that is breathtaking in its originality and visceral energy.” --Amy Duncan, Christian Science Monitor

”seeing and hearing Crispell play live is a stunning experience.... a passionate motivation that approaches shamanistic spirituality.” ”labyrinthine structures held together by a deeply personal logic” ”one of the most technically brilliant, imaginative and impassioned contemporary musicians now expanding the expressive potential of the piano.” --Derk Richardson, The East Bay Express (CA)

”Her improvisational approach is so personal, so explosive and so devastating that it makes jazz (and most other music) sound like the archaic language of an ancient people. There's also a gentle side that makes even simple melodies seem radiantly beautiful.” --Larry Kelp, San Francisco Express

“one of today's most creative players” ”an uncompromising artist who combines spiritual yearning with impassioned attack to create music that transforms the mundane into the ecstatic” --Dan Shimp, Crosswinds (Santa Fe, NM)

“For two decades, Marilyn Crispell has been one of the most highly regarded pianists at the sharp end of contemporary jazz.” --John Fordham, The Guardian (London, England)

“one of the most creative forces on the jazz piano” --L.A. Kantner, The Times (Berkeley, CA)

“an introspective improviser almost without parallel” --Jazziz Magazine

“one of the reigning keyboard players in new music” Bob Blumenthal, The Boston Globe

“the heart of persevering in a world of increasingly chilling effect on the human spirit” --Kevin Lynch, The Capital Times Wisconsin State Journal

”Crispell is one of the greatest, most profound virtuosos of our time.” --Sakari Karttunen, Kaleva (Tampere, Finland)

картинка, оставленная пользователем

Marilyn Crispell & David Rothenberg - One Dark Night I Left My Silent House (2010)
ECM note

Marilyn Crispell - piano, soundboard, percussion
David Rothenberg - bass clarinet, clarinet

01. Invocation
02. Tsering
03. The Hawk And The Mouse
04. Stay, Stray
05. What Birds Sing
06. Companion: Silence
07. Owl Moon
08. Still Life With Woodpeckers
09. Grosbeak
10. The Way Of The Pure Sound (for Joe Maneri)
11. Motmot
12. Snow Suddenly Stopping Without Notice
13. Evocation

скчть/dwnld: mfire / x7

Marilyn Crispell - Nothing Ever Was, Anyway (1997)
ECM note

Marilyn Crispell - piano
Gary Peacock - double-bass
Paul Motian - drums
Annette Peacock - voice

CD1
1. Nothing Ever Was, Anyway.
2. Butterflies That I Feel Insde Me
3. Open, To Love
4. Cartoon
5. Albert's Love Theme
6. Dreams (If Time Weren't)

CD2
1. Touching
2. Both
3. You've Left Me
4. Miracles
5. Ending
6. Blood
7. Nothing Ever Was, Anyway

mega 1|mega 2 / mfire 1|mfire 2

Marylin Crispell - Amaryllis (2001)
ECM note

Marilyn Crispell - piano
Gary Peacock - bass
Paul Motian - drums

01. Voice From the Past
02. Amaryllis
03. Requiem
04. Conception Vessel / Circle Dance
05. Voices
06. December Greenwings
07. Silence
08. M.E.
09. Rounds
10. Avatar
11. Morpion
12. Prayer

mega / mfire

Louis Moholo-Moholo & Marilyn Crispell - Sibanye (We Are One)

Marilyn Crispell - piano
Louis Moholo-Moholo - drums

1. Improvise, Don't Compromise (12:40)
2. Moment Of Truth (7:08)
3. Journey (11:49)
4. Soze (Never) (6:28)
5. Phendula (Reply) (7:07)
6. Reflect (7:21)
7. Sibanye (We Are One) (6:18)

disk

Этот топик читают:

3 ответов с 07.07.10 в 12:31