Thomas Larcher

Thomas Larcher
official | wiki | last.fm

Цитата:
Born in Innsbruck in 1963, Larcher grew up in the Austrian Tyrol. After studying piano and composition in Vienna, he embarked on a career combining composition, performing, teaching and festival direction. Composing and performing are now his key activities.

Thomas Larcher’s compositions take an immediate hold on the listener. Notable for their confidence and momentum, directness of expression and quality of invention, his works have been described as occupying ‘a refreshing middle ground in the contemporary music scene, somewhere between the complexity of the Boulez-Stockhausen avant-garde and the newer wave of simplicity.’ Recent and forthcoming compositions include his Cello Concerto Hier, Heute (Lucerne Symphony Orchestra
Nott), which includes the pre-recorded voice of a
photographer involved in the Iraq War; a Piano Concerto, a new String Quartet, Mandares, for the Artemis Quartet premiered in Salzburg and Cincinnati in 2008 and ‘Die Nacht der Verlorenen’ for Matthias Georne and the London Sinfonietta, premiered at the South Bank Centre London October 2008.  He is currently working on a violin concerto for Isabelle Faust which receives its premiere in Vienna in March.

Larcher has an ongoing association with the record label ECM; Naunz, released in 2002 was followed by ‘Ixxu’, released to critical acclaim in 2007
‘Larcher has a way of convincing you, like Morton Feldman, that every note is in its rights place and should be nowhere else.’

As a pianist, Larcher is a particularly illuminating performer of the music of our time. He also has a special ability to cast new light on the established repertoire, both through his searching interpretation and through programming that reveals links, contrasts and comparisons in music. His recital discs are often thought-provoking and have earned him many industry awards, including the Preis den Deutschen Schallplattenkritik and the Choc de la Musique.

картинка, оставленная пользователем

Thomas Larcher - Madhares
ECM note

Thomas Larcher - piano
Till Fellner - piano
Kim Kashkashian - viola
Quatuor Diotima - violin quartet

Münchener Kammerorchester
Dennis Russell Davies - conductor

Böse Zellen for piano and orchestra
(2006, rev. 2007)

01. I (2:02)