картинка, оставленная пользователем
Цитата:
Tara Jane O'Neil (often known as TJO) is a multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, engineer, and painter, based out of Portland, Oregon.

Since her first solo record in 2000, Tara has collaborated with a diverse community of friends and advisers, scoring theater productions and short films, playing improvised shows, and working with dancers and painters. She's worked with the likes of Papa M, Ida, and Jackie O MF. Her music has allowed her to travel far, touring all parts of the northern hemisphere.

On top of her rich musical schedule, Tara is also a notable visual artist. Her work has been exhibited in New York City, Barcelona, Tokyo, Kyoto, Louisville, and Portland, among other places. A book of her drawings and paintings was published in 2004 by Map Press out of Tokyo.

Her solo releases include Peregrine (2000, Quarterstick Records), In the Sun Lines (2001, Quarterstick Records), You Sound, TJO TKO (2003, Mr. Lady), Reflect (2004, Quarterstick Records) and In Circles (released 9 September 2006, Quarterstick Records).

website

Цитата:
Ever since she began putting her name on the front of her albums, Tara Jane O'Neil has perfected the art of writing songs that perfectly encapsulate both the comfort of misery and the misery of comfort. On In Circles, her sixth full-length, O'Neil once again couches these themes in the folk music/tape loop aesthetic she's consistently revisited throughout her solo work. While that may make the album sound like a rote sigh-by-numbers exercise, In Circles might be the best non-Rodan release O'Neil has been associated with.

What makes this album stand out is O'Neil's ability to seamlessly mix electronics (such as the aforementioned tape loops, as well as some judiciously used feedback and guitar effects) into songs that, left alone, could very well have come from the dilapidated porch of a forlorn Kentucky shack. Indeed, one of the album's more straightforward tracks, "Blue Light Room", plays as straight country-and-western. O'Neil's plaintive voice is abetted solely by guitar, drums and pedal steel, the perfect backdrop for lyrical sentiments such as, "I found languor and love in a bottle."

The more adorned tracks on In Circles, however, don't lack the homemade charm of their less encumbered brethren. The album's opener, "Primer", begins with what sounds like wind chimes naturally colliding. Over the course of the track, that sound is transformed into a glistening, shimmering curtain of sound-- it's an obvious manipulation, but sounds as natural as its originating source. O'Neil blends sounds in a swirling manner that's not dissimilar to the way she paints her record covers. The delicate distortion and feedback that introduces "A Room for These" ebbs and flows by itself, then gently gives way to the song's soothing waltz.

Her instrumentation choices blend into the tracks in a similar fashion. Soft, melancholy melodica chords sound off like timid foghorns in the background of "A Partridge Song". Instead of clashing with the gentleness of the song, their comforting dissonance finds a fitting home within O'Neil's measured acoustic plucking and her fragile voice. She might bury her vocals demurely on most of these tracks, but don't let that fool you: Tara Jane O'Neil is at the height of her creative powers, and In Circles is a confident dоcument of her strengths.

-David Raposa, January 04, 2007

Tara Jane O'Neil - In Circles (2006)

btr-258,3, length-34:49, size-64,6
Tracklist
1. Primer
2. A Partridge Song
3. The Louder
4. A Sparrow Song
5. A Room For These
6. Blue Light Room
7. Need No Pony
8. Fundamental Tom
9. The Looking Box
10. This Beats
Ссылка:
http://ifolder.ru/969300

пароль:FunkySouls.com
Similar Artists
Retsin
Julie Doiron
Nina Nastasia
Shannon Wright
Marissa Nadler
Ida
Low
Espers
kakij parol, please:)
malanov
пароль на месте...
FunkySouls.com
Tara Jane O'Neil - In Circles (2006)
Re-up Plz~~
Hi, looking for some TOJ related stuff:

Tara's solo:
* Peregrine LP (2000, Quarterstick Records)
* In the Sun Lines LP (2001, Quarterstick Records)

* The Joy Of EP (2002, Acuarela [Spain])
* TJO TKO LP (2003, Mr. Lady)
* You Sound, Reflect LP (2004, Quarterstick Records)

* Bones LP (2005, Preservation)
* Tracer EP (2005, Compass Tone [Japan])
* In Circles LP (2006, Quarterstick Records)
* A Raveling EP (2005, Acuarela [Spain])
* Wings, Strings Meridians Companion Release CD (2007, Yeti)

Retsin:

Salt Lick
Egg Fusion
Moon Money Moon
Cabin in the Woods

The Sonora Pine:
I
II

I'd be eternaly greateful for any help!!! Tara is simply great!
that's a lot of albums. I think most of them have been posted on LiveJournal, do you have an account there?

(° ͜ʖ°)
settt1: yes, I have an account there, but no idea how to search for music on LiveJournal. Could you kindly add some links? Thx!

Это сообщение отредактировал jamie1 - 22.11.08 в 11:16
retsin - cabin
http://www.mediafire.com/?9jdt2sdzzyg

tara - raveling
http://www.mediafire.com/?2q5ubknj3zn

tara - sun lines
http://www.mediafire.com/?azemmltzjot

there were more on:

http://community.livejournal.com/tweegrrrlshare/

but the links all appear to be dead now.

put your LJ username into a reply here and I'll help some more.

(° ͜ʖ°)
Thx, settt1, my LJ username is jamie223. I found in the meantime some Tara's albums (on AfterThePostRock), so my actual wishlist is following:

Tara's solo:
* TJO TKO LP (2003, Mr. Lady)

Retsin:
Salt Lick
Egg Fusion
Moon Money Moon

The Sonora Pine:
I
II

any chance of posting Peregrine, jamie?

(° ͜ʖ°)
Here is Peregrine, settt1:

Ссылка:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zo3yltozmen

Link from Primavera Sound foros. wink.gif Enjoy!
many thanks jamie - check your LJ for messages
(° ͜ʖ°)
Thank you sooo much settt1 thumb.gif , so this is my updated TOJ requestlist:

Tara's solo:

Retsin:
Moon Money Moon

The Sonora Pine:
S/T II

Добавлено:
Hehe, one more album....

The Ida Retsin Family - "Volume One"

new album to be released this year? soon? ohmy.gif
Ok, seems it should be out on 5th May....

Этот топик читают:

22 ответов с 26.01.07 в 17:13
Назад в Rock